Saturday, November 14, 2009

New appliances

A couple of weekends ago, Micah and I painted the kitchen/den (one might call it a great room). The room is almost complete. Pictures are hung, curtains are up. Now all we needed were new appliances. But consider that done. After two painful hours at Lowes, a new fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher have been ordered and will be delivered next week.

All of the appliances, with the exception of the fridge, are the basic, bottom of the line. So the upgrade is very welcome. And even better, I got to pick them out, so they are what I want and what I like. :)

The two most important items for me are the fridge and oven. The fridge is a three-door model, french doors on the top with the freezer on the bottom. And stove is a flat-top electric with a convection oven. I'd love to have gas, but since that isn't an option, this was the best I could get. Micah was more interested in teh dishwasher, and we did get a quieter one, which is important since we spend most of ourtime in this one room and when the dishwasher is running, you practically can't hear a thing.

They all come next weekend. I'll be sure to post pictures once everything is in and in its rightful place.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Enjoy your new appliances. I have a convection oven and love it! It is great for baking and things usually cook quicker. Our turkeys have come out nice and juicy and in half the time!