Sunday, November 01, 2009

National Blog Posting Month

I've made a commitment to myself, well and those at the offical National Blog Posting Month site, that I'd post something on my blog each day for the entire month of November. It is the first day of the month and I'm already at a lost for words. Not sure where I should begin...

I'm sure over the next 30 days, I'm sure I'll be posting lots of recipe ideas, (I've already have a handful of recipies I want to share with everyone), pictures of Abby and hopefully some of my creative writing (wish has gone by the wayside since the arrival of the newest Gelman). 

So, because I can't think of anything else to write at the moment, here is a quick recap of our weekend, which can be done in one word. Painting.  We painted the 'great room' - the room with the kitchen and television. And before many of you already say it, yes we just painted the room when we moved in just two years ago. However, it was a very light green color, which made it seem a little cold. Since we are planning on getting new applicances (fridge, oven, dishwasher) for Hanukkah, we thought it would be best to paint now if we wanted to change the color. So in just under 48 hours, we went from a very light green to a very bold gold and soft cocoa brown. It was a drastic change, but makes the rooms look much warmer.  And with a new rug, a few new paintings and draps, it feels very homey. (I'll post pictures soon, I'm just too tired to get the cord to plug in the camera.)

Late yesterday evening, we finally got everything put back together and I got my kitchen back (and if you've ever been without a kitchen with a 10 month old, you will understand how excited I was.) This afternoon, after I went grocery shopping, we put the finishing touches on the rooms and have just a few more things to add before we can label this room complete.

Oh, and on top of it all, we celebrated a soggy Halloween. The weather held off the tricker or treaters and we only got about six visitors, which was disappointing. But we did have the cutest little leopard stop by. They are rare, but we did have a spotting and here are the pictures to prove it.








Hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween... and watch out for those pink leopards :)

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

I look forward to reading your posts for the upcoming month. I want to recommend the book Writing Motherhood by Lisa Garrigues if you haven't already. Good inspiration to keep you writing-not that you need any. Thanks also for sharing pictures of that rare pink leopard-she's so darn cute!

Mom/gram said...

Abby is just so cute!! Glad you are starting to blog again even tho I read your facebook.
Its hard to believe you only got 6 for Halloween where you live.