Sunday, November 08, 2009

10 years

Last night was my ten year reunion for high school. I wasn't able to attend, but from the pictures on facebook it looks like everyone had a good time and we had a pretty good showing from the class. I can't believe that it has been ten years since I graduated from high school. I feel so old, but then I look back and I've done quite a bit since high school - went to college, moved to Boston, attended game 2 of the World Series in Boston (2004), worked with Diana DeGarmo (American Idol runner up), met Micah, moved to Baltimore, got married, realized that I love working in healthcare - specifically non-profits, sold and bought a house (something I don't think like to do again, but sure I will), had Abby, went to London, became an aunt.  This is just a quick recap, I'm sure I missing some things.

And in honor of my reunion, here is one of those 'quizzes' from facebook.


Here's one I've not seen before.... Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!!

1. Did you date someone from your school?
Yes. Jeff Carpenter

2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
Nope!

3. Did you car pool to school?
No. Unless bringing Jill and Chris counts...

4. What kind of car did you have?
Mom's mini-van or the cavalier

5. What kind of car do you have now?
Mini-van (odd how ten years later, I'm still driving the same type of car...)

6. It's Friday night...where are you? (then)
Hanging out at Jen's house

7. It is Friday night...where are you? (now)
At home...

8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Working at Valley Home Center and a very short stint at Dunkin

9. What kind of job do you do now?
Community Relations and Hospital Services Manger, The Living Legacy Foundation

10. Were you a party animal?
Ah, no.

11. Were you considered a flirt?
Nope.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
yes.

13. Were you a nerd?
Yes and I'm proud of it!

14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
Nope

15. Can you sing the fight song?
Did we have a fight song...

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher?
Mrs. Noyes

17. Where did you sit during lunch?
In the hallway

18. What was your school's full name?
Hillsboro-Deering Co-operative High School - I think

19. When did you graduate?
1999

20. What was your school mascot?
The Hillcats

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
No way

22. Did you have fun at Prom?
Loved Junior prom... senior program was all right

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
Nope

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
If you have one...

25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Only through facebook

No comments: