Tuesday, November 03, 2009

10 Favorite Sounds

To help get my creativity juices going, I did a quick Google search for writing prompts and found this very interesting site and tool, the impagination prompt generator. One of the prompt I got (yes, I admit I clicked it a few times until I found a prompt that inspired me) was list my 10 favorite sounds. So here goes... in no particular order

10. Joe Castiglione's voice - there is nothing like listening to Joe's voice calling a BoSox game on a warm summer night.
9. Peepers on a warm summer night - one of the few sounds that can immediatly bring me back to my childhood, trying to fall asleep during warm summer nights.
8. The sound of rain on the window at night, the soft tapping of rain drops often lulls me to sleep on raining nights.
7. The sizzle of chicken in a hot pan. I love to cook (and bake). It is a way for me to be creative. It is a way for me to relax.
6. A snow plow outside early in the morning. Growing up it normally meant that school might be delayed or even better, cancelled. And when I pull back the curtain and peek outside, I know I'll see a blanket of white covering the ground.
5. A text message ding - I like getting text messages. They are normally from family or friend and mostly a funny message from my good friend Lauren.
4.The sound of the front door opening and Micah saying hello after I've been home alone with a baby and a very friendly dog for week. (Am I bad mother for admitting this?)
3. The sound of thunder -  It reminds me of warm summer nights watching thunderstorms on the backporch with dad
2. Camp songs - I loved camp and nothing says camp more to me than camp songs. We sang them all session long. Micah and I even sing them to Abby now. It always surprises me that we went to two different camps many miles and years apart - and yet we still know many of the same songs.
1. Abby's laugh. I love it when she laughs. The laugh that comes from deep in her belly and then the slight sigh she lets out when she is done, trying to catch her breath.

That was a lot harder. Now it is your turn...

No comments: