Sunday, March 29, 2009

Veggie Tales

Micah and I finally had a free day to do some work around the house. We wanted to start doing some weeding, however, this morning it was cold and rainy. We lucked out and the sun decided to come out this afternoon. So while Abby napped, we headed outside. While I was cleaning out the flower bed in the back of the house, I determined that I was going to plant a small veggie garden there. I had toyed with the idea of putting it on the side of the house, but that would involved building a bed and we are running out of weekends already this spring. It might have been a project for next year.

This week I'm going to go to Home Depot and get the supplies to start veggies inside. Here is where I need your help, what should I plant?? I'd really like to make my own baby food for Abby, any suggestions on veggies that are easy to grow??

2 comments:

Mom/gram said...

Grampie could only think of squash for Abby.For you and Micah you can plant Cuke's,tomato's and string beans.

KT said...

Seeing as I'm not really a veggie girl (and have zero imput on the baby food front), I'll rely on my years of gardening in 4-H.

I'm a big fan of the cukes (need some space, they spread) and I remember loving to grow string beans (you get a lot from each plant; they get tall though so you need the round wire "tornadoes")! Carrots & tomatoes (also need wire tornadoes) are pretty easy to grow. If you eat radishes, those are easy, too. I'll inquire from Mom who might better remember all of what we planted (and what actually succeeded!)

Who knew I'd have such veggie knowledge for a pizzaterian!!