Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back to Work

I'm using the excuse that I went back to work this week as the reason why I haven't updated in over a week. Not sure it will stand-up in court, but that is the excuse I'm sticking with.


I survived the first week back. Monday was hard. I cried after I dropped her off, but pulled myself together as I pulled into work. I was so busy at work that I barely had time to grab lunch. By the time I actually looked at the clock, it was 2:30pm and I only had two more hours left. The rest of the week went pretty much the same way.

We did a have a little bit of drama with the baby-sitter this week. Her mother passed away on Tuesday morning. Her mom was 90, so it wasn't unexpected, but still hard all the same. Luckily, Lauren and her mom came to my rescue and were able to watch Abby Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday. Abby headed back to the sitter on Thursday and Friday and really seems to enjoy it. She comes home exhausted, barely able to keep her eyes open. I think it is because she is a lot more stimulated at the sitter because there are other kids in the house.

Speaking of sleeping, we hit a big milestone this past week. Sleeping through the night. Abby first slept through the night last Sunday (8:10pm - 5:45am). Both Micah and I were shocked, because she had never slept that late before. The rest of the week, she slept well, but never making it to that morning hour again. The reason being that she is a mover/wiggler at night. Some how, she managers to spin herself around and ends up hitting her head against the slats, waking herself up. Sometimes we can move her and she will fall asleep again, other times she needs to be changed and fed.

I did some research to see if there was anything that we could put the crib that would prevent her from moving all over the place and found that they do make positions for this very problem. Yesterday we headed out to BabiesRUs to purchase one. And last night she slept until 7:15am - that is almost 11 hours!!! The position helped, however, we didn't have it quite tight enough, because Micah got up at one point last night and she had wiggled herself out of it. He put her back in it, but she was out of it again when I got her this morning.

Now that Abby is sleeping through the night (knocking on wood), Micah and I need to start sleeping through the night as well. one of us was up just about every hour starting at about 3am to check on her. :)

And because you are all so patient while reading through this very wordy blog entry, here are a few pictures of Miss Abby.
Like my new do??



Oh Mom, why are you taking a ANOTHER picture of me??

She is plotting her plan to take over the world...

I'm so cute... You better be careful because I just a few days away from rolling over...

1 comment:

Pink Pixel Princess said...

okay, I'll buy your excuse ;)
she is so cute , I just want to kiss those sweet cheeks! Good luck going back to work,I lived both sides of that fence. The good thing is that she is getting all that stimulus. And kiddos with the sleep. nothing worse than trying to work with sleep deprevation.
Hang in there and keep the pics coming... love them!