Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Gelmans Take Nashville

On Friday we took "The Last Train to Clarksville." Okay, it wasn't a train. It was Jill's car. But we did go to Clarksville to visit Jill and Miles. Mom and Dad were also coming down for a visit, so the entire Sizemore/Gelman/Miller family was together.

It was a great weekend and we had a lot of fun. On Friday, while we waited for Miles to get off work and Mom and Dad to arrive, Jill took us on to Post and showed us the PX and Commisary. Both were huge and very busy. Once Mom and Dad arrived, we broke out the Wii. I did my best Kelley Clarkson impression on the American Idol game. I think Dad and Jill take the award for the most entertaining game playing when they decided to play Wii boxing. The picture below doesn't due their actions justice. I have a video of the entire match, but Micah needs to edit it down. I swear it will compete with Dad's treadmill episode.


Can you see Dad and the Sizemore tongue??

On Saturday, we all went into Nashville and visted the Grand Ole Opry. After a brief photo shoot outside, we went into the Grand Ole Opry muesum to get a little bit of history about this very famous stage. I think Dad like the muesum the most and Abby liked it the least since she slept through the entire thing.

We then headed downtown, which I think was my favorite part. The weather was lovely and we walked around a little bit and were able to see many of the famous bars and dives that you see on tv/movies where the promising singer tries to get his/her start. I thought it was very cool. Others not so much.



I really wanted to the have BBQ for dinner so we headed out to Corky's. (Gram Sizemore - you might remember this from a Christmas eve dinner many years ago. We had ribs mailed to us from this place.) The food was good. Not as good as I remember the mail order being, but it did fit my hankering for bbq.



Abby enjoyed Corky's as well!

Speaking of food, I also FINALLY got to go to a Sonic. I always see the commericals on tv, but there aren't any near us here in B-more. And for those of you who are wondering, the burgers are amazing! Better than Checkers!

All right, enough of the food talk. I'm off to bed. I'm still trying to recover from a very early morning last Friday.

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

Looks like lots of fun. Can't wait to see the video especially if it is anything like the treadmill video!

Mom/gram said...

Jen,I do remember the BBQ ribs now that you mention it. I also went to a Sonic in NC.They are pretty neat.
Looks like everyone had a great time. Wish we were there.
Abby is so cute and growing like a wee.Just love the pictures your mother took of her.

KT said...

Sounds like you guys had a wii boxing battle similar to the one my Dad & I had! I'm not sure if my mom got any pix because she was laughing so hard!!

Glad you had a great family weekend!!