Monday, November 20, 2006

Things about me...

It has been a long time since I've done some creative writing. In an attempt to get start the juices flowing, I've completed some writing exercises. I'm going to post some of my favorites here from time to time. Enjoy!

Things about me...

  1. I’m afraid of birds.
  2. I can’t go to bed without using lipstick and putting lotion on my feet and hands.
  3. I don’t like pineapples. One chuck of pineapple can ruin a perfectly good bowl of fruit salad.
  4. I love new sheet night.
  5. I like getting into a well-made bed, but rarely make the bed.
  6. I love to cook.
  7. I never missed a home UNH hockey game during the four years I attended school there.
  8. I dated a guy just to go the World Series, the Red Sox won and I never called him back.
  9. When you are 22 and dating someone who is 18, four years is a big difference.
  10. I worked in my dad’s hardware store growing up, so I was one of the only girls in my class who really knew the difference between a Philips and a flathead screwdriver.
  11. I grew up in New Hampshire and, yes, some years we had to wear winter coats over our Halloween costumes
  12. I love the smell of fall, crisp, clean and musty all at the same time.
  13. One of my favorite stores is Staples.
  14. Popcorn isn’t popcorn without M&M’s
  15. I grew up without cable. It wasn’t that my parents were against it, but we lived in “the sticks” and the cable lines didn’t go that far.<>>
  16. I watched my first episode of 90210 when I was a sophomore in high school (1998). I’ve been hooked ever since.
  17. My grandfather makes the best pancakes and French toast.
  18. I got a concussion once from going down a slip’n slid on my knees.
  19. I choked on a piece of candy when I was 8 and didn’t eat for a week afterward.
  20. S’mores are one of the best things about summertime.
  21. Family is one of the most important things to me and I go home whenever I can.
  22. I laugh loud and often
  23. I love to write.
  24. I'm a good proofreader, but I can't proof my own writing.
  25. I graduated with honors and am proud of that, especially since I had to take incompletes for an entire semester due to illness.
  26. The Sox, Celtics, Patriots and Bruins aren’t just sports teams, they are a religion.
  27. I miss watching thunderstorms with my dad on the back porch.
  28. I grunt when I pitch.
  29. I love matza, but by day five matza doesn’t like me.
  30. I applied to Mount Holyoke College because Baby from Dirty Dancing went there. I didn’t get it.
  31. I love sushi, but I’m not a big fan of fish.
  32. I stood in line for three hours to see Joe Lieberman at UNH during the 2000 election and all I can remember is that he came out to “Who Let The Dogs Out”
  33. My sister and I used to pretend the big rock in our backyard was a house, a boat, a store, a school…
  34. I have a crazy, year and half puppy, who I don’t think will every grow up.
  35. I didn’t sleep for an entire year. I was in sixth grade.
  36. I’ve slept with the same teddy bear since I was born.
  37. The first time I was ever drunk was on my 21st birthday.
  38. My favorite dish is Shepard’s Pie – it was birthday dinner for years.
  39. I’m a daddy’s girl.
  40. I never played with Barbies, but built her mansion out of Legos.
  41. I’ve read every Judy Blume book.
  42. I won’t see a movie, if I haven’t read the book.
  43. I love ice hockey, even though I’ve never played.
  44. I’ve had my picture in Sports Illustrated – I was in the background practically crying as my college team lost the NCAA Frozen Four Championship game.
  45. I’ve been to a NASCAR race and I loved it!
  46. Ryan Newman is my favorite driver.
  47. I learned to ski and swim as soon as I could walk.
  48. I lost one of my front teeth when I was four years old. It turned black and had to be removed. It became a perfect hole for a straw.
  49. I’m right handed, but I put my contacts in with my left hand.
  50. I spent a summer playing ASA Junior Olympic softball.
  51. Wicked is a part of my vocabulary and yes, it is a noun, a verb, an adj. and an adverb.
  52. I learned to drive on my grandfather’s tracker.
  53. My family is a Ford family – My dad drives a Ford, my sister drives a Ford, my mom drives a Ford, my grandfather drives a Ford, my aunt drives a Ford, my uncle drives a Ford. However, my favorite NASCAR driver drives a Dodge. I was almost disowned.
  54. I was sixteen when I had my first kiss. It was horrible and he turned out to be an asshole.
  55. I love to sing, loudly, to the music playing the supermarket.
  56. I hum when I swim underwater.
  57. Nothing is better than a sappy movie and popcorn with M&M’s.
  58. I read a magazine from back to front.
  59. I’ve been to 22 states – Georgia, California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Arkansas, Iowa, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Virginia, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, Florida, Illinois, Michigan and Hawaii.
  60. I’ve met Bobby Allison. I didn’t know who he was at the time, now that I do there is so much I would want to ask him.
  61. My favorite color is blue, yet I don’t one a single shirt in that color.
  62. I love to go food shopping.
  63. Capitan and Coke was my drink of choice in college.
  64. I was a card carrying Girl Scout until I graduated from high school. I spent seven years a summer camp and in order to go – I had to be a Girl Scout.
  65. Cosmo was considered the Bible in college – my roommates and I took turns each month buying it.
  66. I love peanut butter.
  67. Ketchup should be considered its own food group. There isn’t much I won’t put it on, including a mysterious peanut butter sandwich when I was three.
  68. I lost three toe nails on my right foot due to a fungus I got in college. It’s gross, but not contagious.
  69. I love tea. And I will only drink it with milk when I’m sick.
  70. I’ve started hundreds of needle point, projects, but only finished two.
  71. I have an addiction to Chap Stick. I always have a tube with in reach.
  72. I have to do the crossword puzzle in every PEOPLE magazine.
  73. I’ve learned that the only that person whose says you can’t do anything is yourself.
  74. I sometimes ask too many questions. It sometimes gets to be annoying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, this is great. I love learning stuff about you I didn't know and let out a few "hell yeah's" at the ones I know (or was there for). Makes me miss our girls nights!!!!

Cyndi said...

Very cool list. Learned lots of stuff about you. I might have to try this on my blog. I could never come up with that many things at one time though!

megabrooke said...

i love these type things... gives so much insight into a person! :)
thanks for commenting on my blog btw:)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog!Learned alot about my first grandchild.Very interesting.
I bet Thanksgiving was very quiet from last year. Remember your dad and grandfathers loud discussion after everyone had gone to bed!