Friday, November 17, 2006

Busting at the Seems

No not my pants... our house. After unpacking gifts and throwing out old, unwanted stuff, it appears that we are still bust'n at the seems.

Our first step in the moving process is to make a few small home improvements. Basically that means getting a new carpet. Micah and I have both agreed that we would like to put down a laminate hardwood floor on the main level of the house. At the moment we have the white carpet that the contractors put down when the build the house. However, after five years, the white carpet is now a dirty shade of brown. (Thank you Reese).

So tomorrow we are going to Lowe's to get a price quote on how much it will cost to get laminate on the main floor and new carpet on the second floor. My goal would be to have the entire project done by the time my parents come at the end of December. I promise to give updates as we begin the process of new homeownership.

No comments: