Sunday, May 11, 2008

Spring has Sprung

At last, a long awaited update. I can't believe it has been over a month since I've written, where as the time gone??? I promise, I've been busy.

April is Donate Life Month, so I spend just about every weekend staffing events around Baltimore city to help promote organ, eye and tissue donation. I'm glad the month is over. In the few free moments, Micah and I were able to get some work around the house done. Most of the work was done outside. Since we moved in to the house in late October/early November, we didn't have a lot of time before things became too cold to get things done outside. Which meant this spring we had a lot of work to do, including raking a massive amount of leaves that I'm pretty sure came from our neighbor's trees.

After all of the leaves were raked and the lawn was mowed, we started in on the gardening. De to Reese's bathroom habits, several of the bushes and plants in the front of the house needed to be replaced, which we did and then some. I've posted a couple of pictures for you all to the how the front of the house looks now.


In addition to the gardening, we also put in a fence for Reese. This way he can run around outside all by himself. Now we just need to get him not to dig underneath the porch. The other day, after a two day long rainstorm, Reese came back to the door after being outside for a bit, covered head to toe in mud. Micah had to hose him off before he could come in the house.

Now on to the inside of the house. We desperately needed to replace our sofa in the family room. It was just falling apart. While we shopping for the sofa, Micah and I found a new entertainment center and coffee table that we fell in love with. They arrive on Saturday and I absolutely love them.

You will notice the HUGE TV on the new entertainment center. Micah felt that the other TV was inadequate for the new stand and had to get another one. We still have a perfectly good HDTV down in our basement if anyone would like one. The only downside is that is weighs about 200 lbs.

In between working weekends and the home improvement projects, I was able to sneak away for a weekend to go up to New Hampshire for a very short visit. It was in honor of Becca's first communion. She was the most beautiful girl in her entire first communion class. It was also great to visit with family and friends. Micah and I will be back up in a little over a month for the NASCAR race, so we will have more time to visit!

Whew! That was quite an update!

7 comments:

Pink Pixel Princess said...

Glad you upated! I can understand how busy life get. Your garden looks great! and I can understand about the muddy dogs! Our two goldens become brown in the winter rain out here!
Happy furniture hunting, its always fun!

Cyndi said...

The house looks like it is coming together nicely, both inside and out. It was nice to see you and your mom and I wish we had more time to visit but I'll just have to wait until you and Micah come up for the race!

Jillian said...

Wow the house is beautiful, I can finally picture you in your new house. Can you take some more pics from the street and some of the back too. Although I will probably come visit you before you get a chance to do it. Cant wait to visit?

Sam said...

I donated my dad's corneas, I think donating parts and pieces is a wonderful thing.

sara said...

I'm over from NaComLeavMo to say hi. Your pictures are great, the outside of your house looks really nice with all the work you guys have done. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy it all season long. Very cool about helping out at all the organ donation events. We need more people like you!

In Due Time said...

The yard looks great...visiting from NCLM

Jill said...

Your beds look great!

Nice t.v. too! My dh would be jealous! It's on our list of things to get but we aren't there yet... =)