Sunday, June 01, 2008

Mezze

Here's another one of my soon-to-be-famous restaurant reviews.

On Friday night, a friend and I headed to Fell's Point to grab a bite to eat at Mezze. It was a beautiful night and we were luckily to grab a table outside. Mezze features Mediterranean tapas.

We shared a couple of plates including hummus, spinach pie and beef and lamb meatballs. The hummus was a little runny, I like my hummus a tad on the thick side and it lack a little bit of flavor. The spinach pie was amazing. The perfect amount of spinach mixed with feta cheese in a little crispy filo dough crust. The meatballs had great flavor, but were slightly under cooked. I also had falafel, which I loved! They had seasoned perfectly and had great flavor.

I didn't have some this visit, but I also recommend Mezze's sangria. It can be a little sweet, but it refreshing on a warm late Spring afternoon.

If you are looking for a place for some great Mediterranean food, stop by Mezze. (Although a reservation is highly recommended on Fridays and the weekend.) The bar area is small and can get quite crowded, but they have seating upstairs that is quiet and can be quite intimate.

10 comments:

Jendeis said...

Sounds like a good restaurant. I prefer thicker hummus myself. I'm a big fan of the sangria over at Jaleo. I'm not sure if they have one in B'more, but if you swing by DC, you should try it.

Anonymous said...

mmmm! I am a foodie, at least I really enjoy food, too! If I ever make it to Baltimore I'll have to check out the spinach pie. One of my faves!

Katie said...

Via NaComLeavMo..
Sounds yum, I'm off out for a meal tomorrow night I hope it's as good as this.

DC said...

I don't think I'll be in your neck of the woods any time soon, but I do LOVE tapas!! Mmmmmm!

Jessica White said...

The spinach pie sounds AWESOME! I love spinach and feta! Unfortunately there are no good restaurants around here.


Here via NCLM

dmarie said...

I had Greek in DC last night. Your post made me hungry. I do love a good, sweet Sangria!

Tanya said...

Hmmm... I don't think I like that. I have tried chick peas and hated them so I'm pretty sure I don't like something made out of them...

It sucks to be picky.

Kim said...

I love Spinach Pie - now I am hungry! NCLM

alicia said...

sounds awesome! I also do resturant reviews on my blog too! i love eating out!

here from nacomleavmo

DC said...

Hope you're doing well. Please check in soon.