Monday, November 26, 2007

Lots to be thankful for...

I meant to write this a couple of days ago, but time got away from me.

Micah and I have a lot to be thankful for this year. We are thankful the love and support of family who have allowed us to purchase our dream home. We are thankful for our health and jobs that we both love. We are thankful for surviving the first year of marriage. We are thankful that we have each other.

Last Thursday, we made the trek out to Michigan for Thanksgiving. This year, Gram and Grampie Sizemore joined us, along with Jill, Miles and Margaret ( Miles's mom). It was a full house and Mom did a great job with all the food. The turkey was very tasty and moist. I love Thanksgiving. I love being around family.

On Friday, Jill, Mom and myself made our annual shopping trip. Miles joined us this and even got caught up in the shopping frenzy. Once again, Mom bought in to the excitement and at one point she was pushing me because I wasn't running fast enough. We capitalized on some of the deals and about half of my holiday shopping is done.

The rest of the weekend was spent watching football and playing canasta ( Jill's new favorite game.) Overall, it was a fun weekend and it was so nice to spend time with family. Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good seeing you and Micah again.We all had a great time!
Gramp and I also have alot to be thankful for. We have our health and a great family.
Now we will all pray for Miles safe return home from Iran.

Cyndi said...

Well aren't you all just sickeningly sweet and mushy...whoops that Sizemore sarcasm is kickin in again. I just wanted to beat Jill to it!
Just kidding your post was a very nice reminder of what the holidays are all about.