Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Dog Days of Summer

We've been busy cleaning house this past weekend. As we prepare to put the house on the market, (yes, you read that correctly, we are looking for a bigger house) Micah and I cleaned up the basement on Saturday. With limited space in our townhouse, we had used the basement (which is finished) as a storage space. We took a lot of things to Goodwill and Micah threw out a lot of stuff that he had been saving for years. I think this is the cleanest our basement has ever been.

I'm calling the real estate agent on Monday, so I'm hoping everything is in place. Wish us luck that the house sells relatively quickly. I'd like to be out of the house and into a new one before the winter holidays.

As we move quickly in to August, Micah and I have a full month of activities. Next weekend, two of our best friends are coming in for a visit. After that I head down to Virginia to visit with Jill and Mum. On August 24-25, we head to New Jersey for a wedding and then we are off to Michigan for a week around Labor Day. Geesh, I'm tired just writing all of that.

Hope everyone is enjoying the dog days of summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on selling your house!
The housing market is not looking good here in NH.Buyers market but not the seller.
You sure are going to be busy this month. Gramp and I are going to Maine on the 17th for a weekend and than leaving for Pittsburg,NH on the 21th for five days.Taking Uncle Gary's boat and the dog,should be interesting.
Cyndi is taking Toby the endweek we are in Maine.

Jillian said...

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks, Miles and I welcome you to the "Crack Shack" ;)

Cyndi said...

Good luck on selling your house! Glad to see you are keeping busy.

KT said...

Always the busy bee! I wish a visit from me was part of your busy schedule...I miss you! But I may just have to wait & come check out your NEW house after the holidays...I just bought a new car today and I already have to cancel my Christmas plans due to work, so I'm a little more broke with a little less free time! Good luck with selling the house!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a quick sale. Did I mention that I miss you? Say hi to Micah & Reese and Jill & your Mom when you visit them. Love ya!