Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tummy Time and Other Updates...

Abby has been spending some time on her tummy. Look at how well she can hold up her head. She is so advanced!! (I'm sure every mom says that.) For the most part she doesn't mind it, however, she doesn't like to do it more than for about 10 minutes and then just starts to scream to picked up.

As you can tell in the last picture, she loves to hold her head up while you hold her. I don't know how much she can see, but she looks all around when we walk around the house. She is very curious to see what is going on in the house.

In other updates, because I'm the best wife ever, Micah is heading to Tampa this weekend to attend the SuperBowl. ( Yes, you read that correctly, Micah is going away to leave me alone with our six week old daughter AND he is missing my birthday.) Since he is going away, I'm going to Michigan for the weekend. I've heard that babies travel well at this age, so wish me luck as I nagivate the airport with a newborn. I'm sure I'll have lots to update.

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

I just hope your husband appreciates what a wonderful wife he's got! I think you are very brave to navigate an airport with a newborn and I hope you have an easy trip. And because I can't help but say it, your daughter is the cutest thing ever, well next to my own kids of course. She reminds me of Kenzie a little bit with all that dark hair.

Pink Pixel Princess said...

Yes she is adorable, I love her hair. Good luck with the travel, I think you'll do fine, just take it easy and try not to get stressed out because the baby will feel that. Feed her during take off and you'll be fine....
good luck!

FMD said...

Jen, she is SUCH a cutie! Good luck with the airport - you'll be great and when people see a new mom traveling alone with a baby, they are so helpful. Hopefully she'll sleep on the plane for you. And, did I mention I am so jealous of the four hour sleeping increments? Did she keep that up?!