Monday, January 26, 2009

Four hours...

I know I'm tempting fate by writing this, but Abby slept in four hour increments last night. We put her to bed at 8ish last night, like we always do after our bath and bottle. She didn't wake up until midnight. After eating nearly four ounces and a quick diaper change, she went back to sleep and didn't wake up until nearly 4:30 am. I was so excited!!!

As I've mentioned before Abby sometimes doesn't like to sleep during the day. Yesterday she was awake from 7:30 am until 5pm. She might have slept 20 minutes here and there. She slept great last night and has only been today to eat. I think she hates to nap because she thinks she is going to miss something. She than gets overtired and spends the next day sleeping. (case in point today). Let's just hopes she sleeps well tonight.

****

A friend recently told me that she and her husband are expecting. They had been trying for a couple of months and were starting to get worried that something was wrong. I told Micah the good news. He was excited for them and asked how long they had been trying. I said I think six months or so. His comment, "Oh, that is nothing."

His response took me a little by surprise. I knew that our struggles with infertlity affected both of us, but Micah never really expressed out he felt. After his comment, it made me realize that every month that we didn't get pregnant effected him just as much as it effected me. I just expressed the disappointment more. And for those of you who read this blog and have struggled with infertlity longer that we did, please do not take Micah's comment as an offense. I'm sharing this because I never really thought about how the experience affected him, but focused more on my own disappointment and anger. While I wished I'd never had to go through what we went through, I think it made us a stronger couple.

No comments: