Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thanksgiving

Sorry for the delay in getting this post up. I was waiting for pictures for mom and then once I got them, I had problems with my email. I know it is a poor excuse. Deal with it!

This year, since Micah and I were on what he called a 'ground stop' due to the impending arrival of Baby Gelman, we hosted Mom and Dad and Gram and Grampy Goldman. It was quite a full house, but a lot of fun. Everyone arrived on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so we had plenty of time to catch up. It was so nice to visit!

On Thanksgiving day, Mom and I were up early (actually both of us were up early every morning. I know why I was, not sure why mom was). So we started getting cooking early. We were so prepared that we were able to go on several walks through the day. The menu was the traditional Thanksgiving feast. We had turkey, tators, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, rolls and jello mold (this was a new addition and I messed it up, but it did taste good.) For dessert, I made two pies, Bourbon Walnut Pie and an Apple pie. The walnut pie was the hit! (Thanks Mom Gelman for the recipe!)

3 comments:

Mom/gram said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. The pie did sound yummy.Did you and mom go shopping the day after thanksgiving?If you did I have no idea how you did it.

Love, Gram S.

Ellen said...

The dinner was fantastic and your new dining room set is beautiful!. Gram - yes, we went shopping - deals, deals, deals!

Cyndi said...

Sound great. How in the world did you deal with your traditional shopping expedition??