Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Falling more in love

I didn't know it was possible for fall in love with someone more and more each day. But you can. Each time I look at Abby, I fall more in love. It is truly amazing!

Micah and I are adjusting to having Abby in our lives as well as we can. She is a great baby. We struggling just a little bit with nighttime, but what can we expect from a five-day old. She loves to sleep during the day and only likes to sleep in our arms from midnight to 5am. We are trying a couple different things to try and resolve this, I'll let you know if anything works.

Mom and Dad Sizemore have been here since the day she was born and have been a great help. Simply doing the dishes, cleaning the bathrooms and doing laundry are a huge help, especially since there are times when Micah and are seem to be walking around like zombies.

Abby had her first peds appointment. The doctor reports she is doing great for a 5 day old baby. She lost a little bit of weight from birth, but that is to be expected. I did try breastfeeding, but I was putting a lot of stress on myself, that combined with Abby's amazing sucking ability, it wasn't fun for either of us. I struggled with the decision, but decided to switch to formula feedings. I'm happier, Abby's happier and now Micah can help with feedings, which I think that he enjoys. (Feeds are a great bonding time for all of us.)

Jill and Miles arrived yesterday. They are just as in love with Abby as the rest of us. Now if I can only get Jill to change a dirty diaper. :)








2 comments:

Mom/gram said...

Abby does look like a Sizemore baby and I am sure Micah sees Gelman in her also.
She is just beautiful!!

I am sure she will get her act together and finally turn her sleeping into nights instead of days.
Lets hope so.

Take care,love, Gram S.

KT said...

She looks beautiful! I cannot wait to meet her in person!! Glad to hear everything is going well with both baby and Mom & Dad. I would make the perfect babysitter as I am a vampire that never sleeps too:P But just like Jill, I might have some diaper issues *L*

Please tell your Mom & Dad and Jill & Miles that I said hello & send my love and Happy Holiday wishes! And of course the same to you three:) Love you!!