Monday, November 03, 2008

It's November!

It's November and only 25 more days until one of my favorite holidays - Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving, I think it is a combination of the food, festival decorations and family. This year, I'm hosting Thanksgiving here in Maryland because I'm unable to travel due to Baby Gelman's impending arrival. I've started to look into the menu options. (You all know that the foodie in me is going to bring a something new to a traditional dish. So watch out foodnetwork.com, here I come.) I've already got an idea for dessert - Bourbon Walnut Pie. (Yeah, it is THAT good.) Now I've just got to plan out the rest of the menu. So feel free to send me your favorite Thanksgiving recipes!


On to other updates, Katie came down last weekend for a visit. We did a lot of shopping and just plain hanging out. It was a good visit. As Katie might be one of the pickiest eaters I've ever met, we made mac and cheese one night. I'm talking the real stuff, from scratch. Thanks to a couple of phone calls to mom for the recipe (which is actually on the back of the Muellers' pasta box, but they don't sell Muellers here. What is up with that?), we were on our way. Katie was in charge of the cheese grating. I even took pictures because she was sure that her mother wouldn't believe her that she actually made mac and cheese from scratch.




Dinner came out great, we all enjoyed it. Now here comes the bad part, as I was putting the dish in the fridge, I dropped it. An almost full dish of mac and cheese ended up on the floor. Micah was bummed because he was hopping to have some as a late night snack and I was bummed that I broke a good piece of my Corning wear set. (I felt so bad about dropping the mac and cheese that I made another dish on Monday night.) Anyway, beside the broken dish, the weekend was a lot of fun. Hopefully, Katie will be able to make it down here after Baby Gelman is born or I might need to make a trip up to NH so all the NH family can see her ;).


2 comments:

Cyndi said...

I am hosting Thanksgiving too and looking for some ideas. I'll let you know what I come up with and you do the same. If you don't make it up here with that baby I will be coming down there armed with my camera and a giant teacup!

KT said...

It was so fabulous to be able to come down & see you! I had so much fun hanging out! And I didn't even freak out at the baby store:P

Dropping that mac & cheese was a tragedy...although I think poor Reese was the saddest because he didn't get to help clean up:P

So, is it weird that I love Top Chef even though there isn't a snowball's chance that I would ever eat anything that they make?? *L*

Hope you & the fam have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Send my love to all. Love you and miss you again already!