Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall into love


Fall is my favorite time of year. And I truly miss falls in New England. The crisp smell in the air, the cool nights, the brilliant reds, yellows and oranges of the leaves. Fall is my season. It is the reason why I got married in the fall.


While fall in the Mid-Atlantic is no where near the same as those I grew up with, one thing that brings me back is a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. The sweet smell of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg transport me back to my outh, playing the huge leaf piles Dad used to rake up in the lawn.


I had my first pumpkin spice latte the other day. It was a tall, decaf, skim with no whip and it was worth all the calories. ;)


I can't wait until the gingerbread and peppermint mocha lattes come out around Thanksgiving. Shopping the day after Thanksgiving isn't the same without one.


(Can you tell that I'm caffeine deprived in my current state???)

2 comments:

Jillian said...

"starbucks" is a dirty word. If you want to have a real Pumpkin Spice Latte, then take a trip down here to my coffee shop.

Cyndi said...

Sounds yummy. I have been getting out apple and pumpkin scented candles. Soon we'll be carving pumpkins!