Saturday, February 23, 2008

A new job

Before anyone else sends me an email about my lack of updating my blog, here is a brief update. I have pictures from Vegas, but they are in a disposable camera, which I just haven't gotten around to getting developed. This weekend may be the time.

So to get back to the title of this post... I have a new job! Earlier this week I accepted a job at The Living Legacy Foundation, a non-profit that helps raise awareness for organ donation. Additionally, the organization helps arrange recovery and transplant of organs. I am the new manager of Community Relations. My main responsibilities will be help develop and implement outreach programs to help drive awareness for organ donation and increase donor registration. I'll also have some media relations responsibilities.

I had to workout some details with the benefits and such so it took me over a week make the decision and give notice to LifeBridge Health. So to say that the last couple of weeks have been a little stressful would be an understatement.

I start my new job on March 3, so it maybe a while before I get a chance to post again while I try and get settled in the job. There is hope that I will get those pictures developed and posted.

Oh yeah... thank you all for the birthday wishes. I have thank you cards waiting to be mailed. (I need to by stamps.) I had a great birthday after a rough start. Micah had to spend the night before my birthday in DC, so I had to take the garbage out the morning of my birthday and some how, got locked out of the house in my PJs at 5:45am. I ended up having to break a window and crawl through it to get back into the house. The day did get better. I got beautiful flowers delivered at work and Micah took me out to a great sushi dinner. Yum!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job.That surprised me as I thought you loved your job at LifeBridge Health.Must be more money!
I know it was not funny being lockout of you house in your Pj' but I had to laugh as I can just see you crawling in the window.
Your grandfather and I have put doner organ on our driving license.

Love Gram S.

KT said...

J -- Congrats on the new job! You sounded very excited about it last time we talked, so I'm glad the other stuff worked out so you could take it. I know you'll be busy with all the things that come with a new job...I'll try to be a good friend & keep checking up on you:) If you need a break from the madness, we have an extra ticket for Spring Training...ummm, to celebrate St. Patty's Day?? I miss you & hope once things settle down, perhaps I can come down for a weekend visit! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! Sorry about the lockout but it made me laugh! I'll have to share my story about getting my head stuck in a kitchen cabinet sometime! I think of you every time Bob wears his UNH hockey shirt. Glad to hear all is well.

Kim

Cyndi said...

Congratulations on the new job! Will we still get to see you in May? I locked myself out while trying to get pictures of the eclipse. Luckily Dom was home to let me back in!