Monday, July 02, 2007

Quick update

SO I've been told by some family members that I need to update my blog. I do have to admit that I've let this slide a little bit, but life has just gotten in the way. So here is a quick update.

We spent a lot of time in June with Micah's parents. In early June we went up to Harrisburg to celebrate Larry's birthday over sushi. (Can I share with you how much I love sushi!!) And then we spent the next two weekends out in Deep Creek. We lucked out and got two beautiful weekends at the lake. And then the following weekend, we headed back up to Harrisburg for brunch because Ashley, Micah's sister was in town for a wedding. The exciting thing is that Ashley is moving back north and is hoping to find a job in Baltimore. It will be so nice having family closer.

This past weekend we threw a pre-Fourth of July BBQ. We had about 10 friends over gor some good food and great conversation. Like the junior Martha Stewart that I am, marinated chicken and veggies and made rice and even homemade ice cream. It was a lot of fun and it was great to spend time with friends.

Now, Micah and I have one more day of work until we are off for a mini vacation. We are heading back out the Deep Creek for the 4th and then up to Pittsburgh for the day on Thursday to see a Pirates game. (I know if I want to see a horrible baseball team I could just go to an O's game, but I heard they have really good food in Pittsburgh :) ) I'll be sure to bring my camera and take pictures of the ballpark, so at least I will have something to show for my travels.

Wishing everyone a safe and fun Fourth of July!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping a little boost would help getting you to blog so I would know you had not left the county without telling us.
You are certainly busy and sounds like you are having a great time.You and Michah enjoy your mini vacation and I won't bug you for awhile.