Friday, April 06, 2007

Oy! Matzos!


Matzo pizza, matzo brie, matzo cake and matzo kugel. I'm about matzo'd out.

For those of you who have never experienced matzo(please consider yourself lucky), it is about as tasteful as eating a cardboard box. So to make this spring delicacy somewhat eatable, I spread butter or cream cheese on, but then it just taste like butter-covered cardboard. And I'm only on day four of eight. Oy! - it is going to be a long weekend.

Don't get me wrong, Pesach (Passover) is one of my favorite holiday. I love the story telling and being with family and friends. But the food. Oh dear. It is horrible. And for a foodie, trying to make anything tasteful out of this terrible wheat floor by-product is like trying to milk out of a bull. It just ain't happening.

So I'm stuck with four more days of potatoes, chicken, broccoli and matzo. If you have any suggestions for dinner that does not include bread, beans, rice, corn - I'm all ears. I think the lack of carbs has limited my creative menu ability.

In need of a Passover laugh? Check out JibJab's Matzah video.

3 comments:

Joey Infortuno said...

Thanks for the Matzah! link =) -- JibJab Team

Pink Pixel Princess said...

interesting... I have never expereinced passover doesn't sound very tasty... heck my parents never brought me to church for Easter but Ham dinner I know is tasty!

Cyndi said...

I had matzah ball soup once and it wasn't bad!