Sunday, April 15, 2007

Celebrations


Fifteen people helped Jill celebrate her upcoming wedding this past weekend. The shower was a lot of fun and Jill got a lot of great stuff. (She got enough bed sheets that she is now set for life.) Since this is my blog, I'm going to 'brag' a little about my party hosting skills. I got into Michigan last on Friday evening. And after a quick bite to eat, I got to baking. I found a cute cake recipe in one of my new favorite magazines, Everyday with Rachael Ray.

It was a two-tier white cake with raspberry filling. In order to allow ample time for the cake to cool, I had to bake it on Friday night and assemble it Saturday morning. I was a little nervous about putting it together since I've never done a two-tiered cake, but I think it turned out all right. I also made chocolate covered pretzels dipped in pink sugar. (Can you notice the pink theme??)
Once Jill left for the evening, Mum and I put together the shower favors. I wanted to make sure that shower and the favors reflected on who Jill is, so I created Cosmopolitan kits for all the guests. When leaving the party, each attendee received a bag filled with a pink martini glass, a nip of vodka, a bottle of cranberry juice and a recipe for Jill's favorite drink, a cosmopolitan.


I hope all the guests enjoyed them. (For those of you who couldn't make it to the shower, there is left of ingredients so we can enjoy this tasty treat during the wedding weekend:) Grammy - Don't worry, I'm sure we can dig up a Margarita mix too.

All the festivities this weekend got me excited for the wedding in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see everyone. I can't believe that it has been almost six months since I've seen a lot of you. Only a few more weeks to go!!!

3 comments:

Pink Pixel Princess said...

great job with the cake and mmmm Cosmos...
what a hostess!

Anonymous said...

What a great shower,wish I could have been there. Thanks for thinking of me with a magarita.I can't wait to try Jill's cosmopolitan.Never had one.
See you and Micah in a few weeks

Cyndi said...

Cute cake! Looked like lots of fun.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!