Thursday, March 01, 2007

Busy Bee

I've been a busy bee the last couple of weekends, so I apologize for my lack of updating.

Below is a quick recap -

February 18 - Organized the first-ever LifeBridge Health Brain & Spine Crossword Puzzle Tournament. It was a pretty cool afternoon. The whole idea behind the event was to raise awareness for the new Brain & Spine Institute at the hospital. We had more than 50 people show up. And we even featured four pre-published New York Times crossword puzzles.

February 23-24 - I went to New Hampshire. (I know, I didn't tell anyone, but it was quick trip.) It was a girls weekend. I stayed with Katie, my best friend. We celebrated our birthday's in true New England style - we went to a hockey game. If you know anything about the friendship I have with Katie, we will go anywhere for a hockey game. In three short years, we had traveled to eight of the nine rinks in Hockey East, to RPI in Troy, NY and Minnesota to watch the Frozen Four (Yeah,that was the year they played Maine.) With one rink yet to visit in Hockey East, we ended to Providence, RI on Saturday night to watch the UNH Wildcats take on Providence. I was all excited, because there was chance the team could win the regular season title - HOWEVER- Providence College whooped the Cats 7-1. Nothing like a loss on the road. The weekend wasn't a total loss, Katie and I spent a lot of time catching up, revisiting old times and talking about the future. It was a great way to celebrate our birthdays, even if it was a couple weeks late.

The bummer is that I came down with a pretty bad respitory infection on my way home. So I spent the better part of Monday and Tuesday in bed trying to recover. It was not fun!

March 2-4 - I'm heading to Michigan. This, as Jill has stated, is a weekend all about her. (Although, I really think she believes that every weekend is all about her.) We are doing wedding activities. Dress shopping, ring shopping, cake tasting and such. Jill did such an amazing job being my maid of honor that I can only hope to live up to her footsteps. I'm sure I'll have some good stories on Monday, since it is always a good time when all three Sizettes are together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU CAME TO NH AND DIDN'T SEE US?
Only kidding. Glad you had a great time with Kate,but sorry you got sick.
You will do a great job for Jill and have a good time in Mi.
Can't wait to see you and Micah again.Its going to be a good time with everyone again. And you are going to get to see Becca and Kenzie again.

Jennifer said...

I know. I was going to try and come and see you and Cyndi and Dom - but I just didn't have time. It was a crazy weekend. I thought for a moment that I might get stuck in the NH because of the weather in Baltimore. We finally took-off, only three hours late.

I can't wait to see you and Grampie!!

Cyndi said...

Well the next time I am in MD I won't let you know! Just kidding of course, 'cause why else would I be in MD unless it was to visit you? Glad that you had a good time and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone for Jill's wedding.