Monday, February 19, 2007

Oh, Brother...

I always wanted a brother - an older brother. Someone who would protect me on the playground and 'hound' my dates in high school. I even ask Mom to adopt a older boy so that I could have an older brother once I learned about the birds and the bees. It didn't work. Mom and Dad didn't adopt a boy. The only way for me to have an older brother was for my sister to marry an older man. And...

That is exactly what it happening. Last Friday, Miles asked Jill to marry him. She said yes. So in less than a year, I'll get my dream of having an older brother.

Congratulations to Jill and Miles. I'm so happy that you have found someone who completes you. Miles - welcome to the family.




4 comments:

Cyndi said...

Congratulations to Jill and Miles.
I have heard that you are the official wedding planner so good luck to you, I know you'll do great even with such a limited time frame. Let me know if I can do anything.
Oh and it only seems like having a older brother is cool. It's really not. They tease and torture you. I barely learned to walk and he had me doing all his chores-shoveling the driveway and feeding the pigs. Of course now he's so old he probably doesn't remember any of that!

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job with your wedding,I am sure Jill's will be great too. So short of time,but I know you can do it.

Cyndi can tell a story just as well as your father.Where did I find these two childern of mine!!

See you and Micah in couple of months

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for your sister! I knew from the day I met Miles during your wedding weekend that he'd be popping the question soon...I could tell he was head-over-heels for Jill!! Good luck with the wedding planning for her...you know who to call if you need help with the bachelorette party:P

Pink Pixel Princess said...

Congrats!!!! How exciting. We all wish Jill and Miles the best and a big welcome to Miles into the family. Ahhhh everyone is getting married....
Hope we can make it to the celebration to see everyone again, its been sooo long!
Hugs- trace